Chipmunk cheek

Yesterday I had a minor surgery to remove my wisdom tooth. There was not enough space in my mouth for the tooth to grow so it is growing diagonally hitting my last molar tooth. Due to that, my dentist suggested that I remove the wisdom tooth as it might affect my oral health.
My wisdom tooth was growing like #2. Image taken from identalhub.com

Therefore, yesterday was the surgery day. Firstly, the dentist gave me local anaesthetic. Then they had to cut open my gum to have access to the wisdom tooth before pulling the tooth out. The pulling part hurt a bit as the root was very deep and the young dentist who performed the surgery was not able to pull the tooth out from its place. Finally, a senior dentist managed to pull it out after a strong pull. Then they had to sew the hole where the tooth used to be.

Then they also had to remove the top wisdom tooth or else it will hit the bottom gum and cause pain. Therefore, 2 wisdom teeth removed in one day. However, the removal of the top tooth was not as painful as the bottom one. Overall, the surgery took about 2 hours. The doctors then gave me 3 days of MC and 3 types of medications.

Except for the bleeding from the removal of the top tooth, everything was fine until last night when the anaesthetic wore off. The pain that I felt was so unbearable that I felt headache. After dinner, I took the painkiller that the doctor prescribed and head to bed straight away. However, the pain was bearable this morning but I have to stick to liquid diet for these few days as it hurts when I chewed solid food.

My first surgical experience, an experience that I will never forget for the rest of my life.
Till then~

Comments