Oreo Cheesecake

I was supposed to burn some calories today but decided to gain calories instead. I ditched SCKLM this morning because I was too tired to wake up early morning and baked this instead.

I Googled the recipe online and since I was a bit lazy, decided to make unbaked oreo cheesecake. What you need for this cake are:


3 packets of oreo (or similar generic brands)
1/4 cup of melted butter 
250ml of thick cream
250g of cream cheese
1 teaspoon of vanilla essence
1/2 cup of sugar

1. crush 20 Oreos into crumbs
2. Combine Oreo crumbs (for crust) with melted butter.
3. Press into the bottom and halfway up the sides of a baking pan. Set in refrigerator to firm. 
4. Whipped the thick cream until its fluffy. 
5. Mix cream cheese, sugar and vanilla together in a large bowl until smooth and well combined.
6. Gently stir in whipped cream.
7. Add Oreo crumbs and chopped Oreos and gently mix until well combined.
8. Pour filling into crust and smooth the top.
9. Top with additional Oreo crumbs, if desired.
10. Refrigerate for about 4 hours or until firm.
This recipe was an alteration from the recipe that I found online here. For this recipe, the cheese part of the cheesecake was a bit soft, maybe as I only use 250g of cream cheese compared to 750g in the original recipe. Maybe I'll try adding gelatine next time to make the cheese more firm. However, I think it was good for first timer (angkat bakul sendiri).


Here's the outcome of my creation
Good Luck!

Comments