Crush The Musical

I went to watch a musical at Belgrade Theatre tonight. I've always wanted to watch a theatre once here in Coventry and I finally decided to do it today. It was kind of last minute as I only bought the ticket in the afternoon and the show will close its curtain in Coventry this Saturday.
Crush at Belgrade Theatre
A good seat for less than 20pounds (student price). Oh Yeah!

The show is called Crush the Musical and it's about an all girls boarding school trying to save their school from the new tyrant headmistress that wants to change the school to a strict Victorian values. The setting of the story was in the 1960s and it's something like Malory Towers and St Trinians mixed into one show.


With only a total of 12 casts, they managed to put on a good show. Especially for a new musical like this one. I really enjoyed the tap dance with the hockey sticks part. This is also a Belgrade Threatre co-produced show, hence the reason why they open the show in Coventry. Since this is also a new show, you pay about 30 pounds for a good seat compared to 90 something pound for a well known show like Lion King or Wicked.



Overall, it was a good show and I had a chance to talk to the casts after the show for a short Q&A session. All the best for your tour Crush! and I hope to watch more musicals in the UK before I go back home.

That's all~

Comments