Weekend in Singapore

I just came back from a weekend trip to Singapore for friend’s convocation. I went there with my high school friend, Maslina. It was actually an unplanned trip as my friend Maslina needs company to go to Singapore as her mum would not let her go alone. I was on facebook a week before the trip when she suddenly asked me if I’m free. I told her that I have all the time in world right now as I’m still unemployed. So, she asked me if I want to accompany her to Singapore as she’s going to attend a friend’s graduation. Since I know her friend’s as well I decided to tag along and I also haven’t been to Singapore, so why not kill two birds with one stone. So, here it is; I’m sharing with you my 2 days trip to Singapore. 

We took the night train from KL central to Singapore on Thursday (24/3) night. The train was scheduled to depart at 11pm, but it was delayed to 11.40pm. This is the first time that I rode the KTM Intercity train and it’s also the first time that I used the ADNS coach (which stands for Air-conditioned Day Night Sleeper). So, the 6 hours train ride to Singapore was pretty comfortable as I can sleep normally during the night and have enough energy to travel the next day. It’s not as comfortable as sleeping on your bed as home but it’s pretty reasonable. Moreover, this mode of transportation is way cheaper than any other mode of transportation. Imagine, it only costs RM 40 one way to Singapore, even a bus there costs RM70 one way and a flight costs nearly RM200. If you are really one a tight budget but you want to travel, you can consider this mode of transportation. 

Enough with the KTM promotion, we arrived at Singapore at 10am the next morning as it was stranded at Kulai, Johor for 2 hours due to engine problem. Arriving at Woodlands, we went through the immigration and head to my friend’s sister’s house at Yew Tee, which was only a short bus and MRT trip.
The coach



Quite comfortable
Once we reached there we cleaned ourselves and rest. Then we had lunch and head to Tanjung Pagar to buy our tickets back to Malaysia tomorrow night. The ticket here costs $40 one way; we should have bought return ticket from Malaysia. After that we head to Harbourfront station to Vivo City, a shopping mall that connects to Sentosa Island. Vivo City was a typical shopping mall, with most brands outlet then we head to the rooftop of the Vivo City and took photos around the area. You can see Sentosa Island from here. 
Tanjung Pagar

Sentosa from Vivocity
You can either walk or take a monorail ride to Sentosa Island
Then we took the monorail to Sentosa Island. The ride costs $3 one way. We walked around Sentosa Island and in front of Universal Studios (USS). It was already late afternoon and it was not worth it to enter USS. We spent a few hours here before heading home. 
On Sentosa Island
 
 
The next day, it was Ami’s convocation day at Ngee Ann Polytechnic. I and Maslina went out a bit early and we went to Bugis for some sightseeing. We went to Bugis market for some shopping and head to polytech for Ami’s graduation. The graduation ceremony started in the afternoon and I met a few of my other friends that graduated on the same day as well. It was quite a reunion.
Bugis Street Market
With graduating friends
After the ceremony ended, we went home for dinner and pack our stuff to catch our train back to Malaysia. This will be our first and last time using the Tanjung Pagar station as this station will be permanently be closed on 1 July 2011 and Woodlands will be the entry and exit point to and from Singapore.
Goodbye..till next time
That’s all for our trip.
Till next time~

Comments