Chocolate Brownies

I've decided to put my chef hat on today and share with you my chocolate brownie recipe that I've been using since my undergrad days. I'm baking tonight to bring to the potluck lunch that my colleagues have organized for me and they have requested for me to bake for them so here it is.

Ingredients

85g baking chocolate
1/2 cup butter
1 cup sugar (I usually only use 3/4 cup sugar)
a pinch of salt
2 eggs
1 tsp vanilla extract
3/4 cup flour
3/4 cup chocolate chip and nuts

The ingredients

Procedure

1. Combine butter and baking chocolate until both of them melt
2. Add sugar and salt. Mix.
3. Add egg one by one and vanilla extract. Stir until the mixture is homogenous.
4. Sprinkle flour slowly into the mixture.
5. Add chocolate chips and nuts into the the mixture and mix.
6. Pour the mixture into a baking tray and bake at 180 deg C for 30-45 mins.
7. Cool on a cooling rack.
Ready to put in the oven

Topping
1. On low heat, mix milk and baking chocolate until homogenous. (the amount of baking chocolate depends on you. I usually use about 2-3 rows of the 185g baking chocolate).
2. Sprinkle crush nuts on top of the brownie for decorations.
Brownies ready to eat

Your brownies is ready to eat. I prefer eating it with vanilla ice cream while it's still warm. How do you like yours?

Comments