23rd July

It was a Friday. The day start with Josh bringing a cake to IMB. It was his first attempt in baking and by the look of it and from the responses  from the people that ate it, it's good. I was quite eager to have a taste of his cake as he'd been promising to bake one two weeks before that. Then, while waiting for other people to come, one of his friends asked him what kind of liquor he used. Me and Hana was looking at each other and I said to myself, "Damn I can' eat it". So, me and Hana sat there watching the others eat the cake. Though they did say that we can eat it as the alcohol in it has already evaporate during cooking. But who will buy that kind of shit? It's still alcohol and it's still forbidden.

Josh enjoying his own creation
Ernest, Soumya and Me

That afternoon, it was the Science July Graduation and I have three friends graduating. Looking at these people in their robes and scroll, makes me want to graduate soon. I really can't wait and get over with honours and go back home to my family. Plus my parents already bought tickets for my graduation. So, I must graduate this December or it will all be a waste. 

 Angel: a bachelor graduate
Wooram: a master graduate
Ree: Finally a doctor (her doctorate pose)

That night, Ami, Hana and I went to Sounds of Light concert at South bank. It's actually a fund raising event with performers from around the world come to perform. I actually went because Maher Zain and Raihan were performing. 

 3 of us

I've always been a fan of Raihan since childhood and I fall in love with Maher Zain's songs the first time I listened to Insya Allah. Their performance was superb that night though I did get 2 strikes for trying to record their performances. ;). 

 Raihan & Maher Zain

After the show, we can meet the performers and get their autographs. I managed to get Raihan's autographs but I didn't manage to get Maher Zain's autograph. I was of disappointed but I guess luck was not on my side. But I did get a little pressie from him a 2 days after that when he wrote on his face book page:

Alhamdulilah I've just arrived in Bahrain and getting ready for tomorrow’s concert. The Australia Tour was amazing and I'm looking forward to going back there soon isA.. All the fans (especially the Malaysian ones) were very supportive in all the 3 concerts, and I will have a surprise for all my Malaysian fans when I visit Malaysia later this year insha Allah. Are you ready for the song "Insha Allah" in Malay?

He did noticed the Malaysian and what more can I ask when he'll be singing InsyaAllah in Malay? Let's hope that I can make it to his concert in Malaysia later on the year.
That's all for that day. It was quite a full day and I really enjoyed it.

Comments