Of Seasick and Whales

Yesterday was a tiring and fun day for me. I went whale watching at Gold Coast with Hana and other Malaysian peeps. It was actually a break for us as it has been a tiring week at Uni. I've always wanted to go whale watching but for the past 3 years I just didn't have the time to do it. As this is my last year here, I just have to do it before I go back at the end of the year.

At first it was all fun with the boat bobbling up and down with the waves, feeling like a roller-coaster on the boat but after a while I started to get dizzy. Then I got bored as we can't see the whale yet not forgetting that I was half drenched due to the waves. After a while, we saw the whale's blow holes and it was all exciting again. Don't ask for the pics coz I just can't be bother to take pictures while trying to balance myself on the boat and trying to enjoy the view. We did see couple of whales but I wish we saw more. After a while I started to get dizzy again, not to mention it was freezing cold when the were no clouds in the sky. Then Hana asked me if I want to go to the back of the vessel as we were in front initially. But it didn't get any better at the back coz people with paper bags were everywhere with a sick look. To prevent from vomiting ourselves, we went in, found a seat and a table and doze off. I need to rest as I need to drive back to Brisbane and ensure that I can play futsal later on in the afternoon.

Start of the journey
Me and Hana after the good sleep


This is my first experience of being seasick. I knew that seasickness runs in my blood coz my dad has it too. Luckily it was to the stage where I vomit, just a headache. Overall, I wished I've seen more of the whale but will definitely do it again if I have a chance coz the amount of whale that I saw was not worth the price that I paid for.

Till then~

Comments