Grilled Coconut Drink

Have you ever heard of Kelapa Bakar (grilled coconut)?

Well on the way to Banting to send my brother back to his college today, we saw this shop at Sungai Manggis Banting called Pak Long Kelapa Bakar. I've dined there once and I ate their kuey teow soup which was very delicious. But I never knew that they served grilled coconut as well. So we decided to stop here and give the grilled coconut a try.

We just had our lunch an hour ago but I guess we were excited about the grilled coconut that we ordered one each (it was actually a bad idea as I didn't manage to finish mine by myself, luckily my brother helped me).

So, what did it tasted like? It's actually warm coconut drink (you can request for ice if you want), with some lime. Plus, they will give you honey as well if you request for it. So the sweetness does not come from sugar but from honey.

For a person who has sore throat like myself, this drink was very soothing. Not to mention, the abundance of coconut flesh that comes with it.

This place is located at Simpang Sungai Manggis, 42700 Banting, Selangor. A recommended place by me ;P.
Map of the shop location

My grilled coconut
Grilled coconut aka coconut honey lemon drink
 P/S: The shop's soup dishes are also very delicious. Do drop by if you happen to be in the area and try for yourself this "Kelapa Bakar".
Till then~

Comments