Greetings from Cardiff

Today is my fourth day in UK. Thankfully I've gotten used to the local time but I still can't get used to the cold weather. It's freezing cold up here. The weather is so different from winter in Australia. Since we got our car, we've been to couple of places but due to short duration of daylight; there's not many places that we can go to. The first place that we went to was Cambridge.

At first, Cambridge was just an overnight stop but due to the flight delay we only reached there the next morning. We went to see Cambridge Uni which was quite beautiful as the buildings are classic with brick wall and old architecture. We want to go into one of the residential college but it only open to public till noon and we arrived there at 1pm. I would love to go into the college, it imagined it would be like the halls in Harry Potter movies. Next stop is Standford-Upon-Avon which was the birthplace of the famous William Shakespeare. As I said earlier due to limited daylight, we arrived there when it's already dark though it was only 5pm at that time. We want to go into the museum and house but it closed at 4.30pm. It looks like that luck was not on our side.
 
White Cambridge. The building at the back is one of the residential college of Cambridge Uni, Kings College

Standford-Upon-Avon. The birthplace of William Shakespeare.

On our way to Leeds, me and Hana slept along the way. We were still jet lagged. Pity Faiz, he was the only one awake driving while the rest of us were sleeping in the car. The next day, we went up to York. There's nothing much there just an old castle. We spend most of out time in the castle museum which showed the history of York during the 18th century.

On our way to York

York Castle
York Castle Museum and York Castle Prison. The prison gave me goosebumps when I was in it.
Inside York Castle Museum
York at night
Yesterday we headed to Cardiff but we went up to Manchester before heading down to Cardiff. The only thing that we did in Manchester was to go to Old Trafford. Yes, the famous Old Trafford which is the home  of Manchester United Football Club. We went for the museum and stadium tour which took us inside the the stadium. The ticket costs £12.00 for students. I can't remember how much it costs for adult. The tour took us into the players changing room, lounge, press conference area, the tunnel the payers came out and their seats in the stadium during game. For all football fan, this is a must visit place when you're in Manchester. Even for non-football fan, I would recommend you this place. Personally, it was quite worth the journey up to Manchester just to visit this stadium.
 
The group heading towards Manchester
We're here!!
Inside Old Trafford
On our way to Cardiff, it was snowing heavily. I was quite worried for Faiz who was driving as he was not used to this condition but he managed it well. The road was quite congested as people are going back to their hometown for Christmas. The scenario was similar to Malaysian festive season with more behaved drivers.

I guess traffic congestion during festive season occurs everywhere in the world.
Well, now I'm in Cardiff., my second last stop for my UK holiday. It actually feels like a dream because I used to be thousands of miles away from my dear schoolmate, Shakira. Now, I'm in her room, on her bed writing this post. It seems too good to be true. She and her housemates have been good hostess to us. With all the foods and the Wii moments, thanks for all of it. I think I'm going to get myself a set of Wii console. after this. I had  a good time with you guys even though it was only a short stay.

Hana & Ciktie playing Wii at Shakira's crib
 Tomorrow we will head to London and we'll be in time for Boxing Day on the 26th.
Till then~

Comments

  1. nanti ye ami..ble aku blk mesia aku upload sume gamba..internet limited kat sini..ni pn online pake phone..hehe

    ReplyDelete
  2. hahaha...sib baik idop lagi...ngn snow sme...mmg gle aa drive...hahaha

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment