Run Chicken Run

After one year and a half of not running, I finally ran again this morning for Kenny Rogers Chicken Run. The unique thing about this run was you have to balance an egg on an ice cream cone during the run. The organizers claimed that the distance of the run was 4.8km but when my friend tracked the run it was 6.55km. 
Early Sunday morning
All runners gathered at Sunway Lagoon entrance at 7am to collect our egg, cone and entrance ticket to Sunway Lagoon. Yes, we were entitled to one day pass into Sunway Lagoon but as all of us wanted to rest as its Sunway, our tickets just burned like that. 
Getting in the mood to run with an egg

My running partner
We finally flagged off at 8.20am after the men’s started their run. Since I was out of practice, I only managed to run 1.5km before I lose my strength and started to walk. It was a mistake on my part to stop running as after that I started to get stitches on my right abdomen which slowed me down. The sun was already up by that time and it was starting to get very hot. 
The route that we took was coming out of Sunway Lagoon, heading towards Persiaran Kewajipan. Then we turned left into SS13 that is parallel to Persiaran Kewajipan and turned left again into the road that leads to Monash University, Sunway University and Sunway Medical Centre all the way until LDP. We ran a bit on LDP and took the LDP exit to Sunway Pyramid and back to the entrance of Sunway Lagoon. 
I managed to complete the run/walk in 50minutes. This was my first run after a year and a half, and my stamina showed my lack of exercise all these while. I really need to get my stamina back. So I think I better start running again. 
BV runners
Another run completed
That’s all for now.
Till then~

Comments